Attending adoption events are a great way to meet those in the adoption community and learn more about adoption as perspective adoptive parents. Adoption events vary widely based on location and the best way to find adoption events is through your adoption agency. They will most likely have educational events, support groups, and more depending on the size and scope of your agency. Here a just a few compiled by our Adoption Consultant Chloe Briggs. *If you know of or are part of an organization hosting an adoption related event, please leave your information in the comment section!
- Choosing To Care, February 4, Watkinsville First Baptist Church, Athens, GA
- The Hope Conference, February 24-25, Fellowship Bible Church, Little Rock, AR
- AFAH Conference, February 25, Hill Country Bible Church, Austin, TX
- Refresh Conference, March 3-4, Overlake Christian Church, Redmond, WA
- CAFFA: Parenting Through Adoption, March 4, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Spotlight Conference, March 10, The Pines at Genesee, Aurora, CO
- Empowered to Connect by Show Hope, April 7-8, The Church of the City, Franklin, TN,
- **LIVE SIMULCAST also available**
- National Adoption Conference by National Council for Adoption, June 21-23, Denver, CO
- NACAC 2017 Conference by National Council On Adoptable Children, July 20-22, Atlanta, GA
- Created For Care, mini-retreats, able to schedule one for your area, 2 in Atlanta, GA this year
- (dates on the website are unclear)
*Together For Adoption hasn’t had a conference since 2015, but if they did again, it would be a great one! http://www.togetherforadoption.org/ *CAFO Summit, no 2017 dates announced yet. *Hope Adoption Conference by Beauty Amidst The Ashes, Willow Creek Church, no 2017 dates announced yet: http://www.beautyamidsttheashes.com/hope-adoption-conference
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:
At AdoptTogether, we are continually looking for ways to expand our network of resources in order to have the greatest impact on the families we serve. If you believe you have potential in helping AdoptTogether families, then we would love to hear from you! We are...
1. Shop the AdoptTogether Store The AdoptTogether Store is filled with great gifts for the whole family and was designed by our creative development team this year. All proceeds from store sales go to support families currently fundraising on AdoptTogether. 2. Amazon...