We have compiled what we hope to be a helpful list of agencies that specialize in international adoption. DISCLAIMER: This list is in no way a comprehensive list of all the good adoption agencies in the US. There are plenty of great agencies out there that are not on our list and we kept it to the top 5 simply for the sake of providing parents with a concise list.
We made our selections based on our research of each agency’s reputation, efficiency, and reviews from adoptive parents. Each agency is COA & Hague approved. Best of luck to you and your family as you find the best fit for your needs!
1. Nightlight Christian Adoptions
- Offices in 37 states
- Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI
- Must sign a statement of faith
- Works in Hong Kong, South Korea, China, India, Cambodia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria,Ukraine, Guatemala, Brazil, Haiti, Colombia, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Africa, and Zambia
2. Holt International
- Offices in OR, WA, CA, IO, NB, SD, AR, KS, MO, IL, NJ, PN
- Headquartered in Eugene, OR
- Works in China, Vietnam, Korea, India, Thailand, Philippines, Haiti, and Ethiopia
- Offices in NY, NJ, CT
- Headquartered in New York, NY
- Works in Bulgaria, Colombia, and South Africa
- Works will all types of families
4. Hopscotch Adoptions
- Headquartered in Highpoint, NC, but will work with families outside of their state
- Works in Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Ghana, Guyana, Morocco, Serbia, and Ukraine
- Works with all types of families
5. All God’s Children International
- Offices in OR, WA, MI, OH, KY, IN, and TX, but will work with families outside those states with a cooperating home study.
- Headquartered in WA
- More than an adoption agency–AGCI is dedicated to elevating care for orphans around the world.
- Works in Bulgaria, Colombia, Burundi, Haiti, China, and the Philippines.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:
After encountering various challenges with adopting through LA County, we decided that going through a private agency was a better choice for our family. We also knew that there were hundreds of agencies out there and were slightly overwhelmed by the process of...
1. Open to Adoptive Parents of all Backgrounds South Africa is open to all types of adoptive parents– single men & women, married and unmarried couples, and LGBTQ parents. The South Africa government is committed to a practice of non-discrimination and we’ve seen...
There are thousands of children waiting for adoption in South Africa. Many of the children have special needs and need an adoptive family ready and excited to help them thrive! Families considering adopting a child with special needs have many questions, including...
Kindred: The Foundation for Adoption is an American foundation created by adoptees Samantha Futerman and Jenna Ushkowitz. In 2013, Samantha and Anaïs Bordier discovered that they were identical twin sisters separated at birth. When their story garnered worldwide...
"Spence-Chapin is a licensed and accredited nonprofit organization that has been offering quality adoption services for more than 100 years." Our mission is to help find loving families for children whatever their needs or circumstances, and provide counseling and...
AdoptTogether is proud to support the efforts of Kidsave. Kidsave gives often forgotten older kids living in orphanages and temporary foster homes loving parents and lifelong mentors using a unique hosting model. Kidsave's vision is a world where every child is...
"I have a strong passion to see every child in a safe, loving, forever family, and I have a deep commitment to seeing safe, loving families prepared and equipped to welcome a child into their home. Having been on the agency side of the process, I have walked with...
1. Think of the waiting time before your child comes home as your preparation time. Once your child is home there's going to be a whole new set of challenges and all of the trials you faced during the wait is helping you to be ready to be an even better parent to your...
By Nicole Radtke When we started the adoption journey, we were confident about using our agency (Nightlight) for two main reasons. One of those being that we wanted to have a comprehensive experience. We wanted to be able to use the same agency for the home study, the...
By Deborah Gray, MSW, MPA Parents passionately want to succeed in raising emotionally healthy children. They also want to enjoy their little ones. When their children arrive later in infancy or childhood, most parents are well-aware that they are doing more careful...