Frequently Asked Questions
Who is AdoptTogether?
Can AdoptTogether help me with my adoption?
Why use AdoptTogether to Fundraise?
2. Donors are much more comfortable giving and much more generous when they know that the money distributed through AdoptTogether grants are used solely for adoption related expenses.
3. Donors that have access to Corporate Matching Gift programs can have their donation matched since we are an IRS approved 501c3 organization. To date, we have had hundreds of donations matched through Corporate Matching Gift programs.
Who is Pure Charity?
Why is AdoptTogether Partnering with Pure Charity?
Do Donations Go Directly to the Family?
Can a family donate to their own AdoptTogether fundraiser?
Can We Donate Cash?
Can We Donate by Check?
How much of my Donation goes to the family?
Do We Get a Receipt After Donating?
Is My Donation Tax-Deductible?
Do Donors Need To Create An Account To Donate?
If donors “claim their account” they will be taken to a page where they can set a password that they will use moving forward to access their account with. Donors MUST claim their account in order to access their payment sources, statements, or any other personal information attached to their profile.
Please Note: If donors choose to give a second time, they’ll be asked to sign in the with the email address and password associated with their profile.
Reasons that an account is created for donors:
- It allows donors to give a second donation easily and quickly because their payment information is tied to their account.
- It allows donors to view transactional history, as well as download their monthly and year-end statements.
- Donors can edit any personal information as well as set privacy levels for what information is passed to the fundraiser organizer.
When are Payments Posted?
Do you accept donations from International donors?
If you continue to have problems donating, please check that your email address aligns with traditional TLDs like .com, .org, .net, .edu, .gov, .mil. Accounts cannot be set up with any variation outside of these domains.
Creating an Account
Confirm Your Account
In order to access your account, you will need to reset your password. Click here and you will be taken to a page where you will enter your email address which will serve as your new username, and then click “reset your password.” Pure Charity will send you an email that will allow you to verify your account and reset your password.
Please note: you must reset your password to access your adoption fundraiser.
For new adopting families, when you create your account and an email will be sent to your email address that will allow you to confirm your account. Once you verify it, you will setup a new password that you will use to login with moving forward.
What are some suggestions for effectively crowdfunding for my adoption?
How Long Does it Take to Get a Profile Live?
How Much Does it Cost?
Managing Your Account
How To Access Your Adoption Fundraiser
When you land on your User Dashboard, click “View All” and then click the name of your fundraiser to access your Fundraiser Dashboard.
Your Fundraiser Dashboard is where you can manage donor information, post updates, request grant disbursements, and edit your fundraiser story. To view your fundraiser on AdoptTogether’s website, click “View Profile.”
For more information on how to use your Fundraiser Dashboard, click here.
How To Navigate Your Adoption Fundraiser Dashboard
Important things to know about your Dashboard:
The “Overview” provides a breakdown of donations, grants and also a place where you can download a donation form for donors who want to give by checks.
“Donations” is where you filter and download donation report by a date range. You can also pull a full report of all donations by generating and downloading a “Gifts by Date” report under “Reports.”
“Updates” is where you can communicate with donors or family and friends who check out your adoption fundraiser. When you post an update, it post to your Adoption Fundraiser, as well as triggering an email with the update that gets sent to all donors.
“Profile” is where you can update your fundraiser story, or change the cover image that is displayed on your fundraiser page on AdoptTogether.
If you would like to send an email through your personal email account, you can also download a report under “Donor Emails” for a complete report of all current donor email addresses.
If you have raised funds with AdoptTogether before the partnership with Pure Charity, you can see the amount under “Promotional Transfers.”
“Adoption Grants” is where you will be able to request a new grant, as well as view past grant history. To view your fundraiser on AdoptTogether, click “View Fundraiser”.
How To Edit Your Personal Profile
The “Edit Profile” tab will allow you to edit personal information tied to your individual account. This information will be reflected across your fundraiser, statements, and any donor information given to a nonprofit you support.
How To Edit Your Fundraiser Story, Branding, and Funding Goal
- From your User Dashboard, click the Fundraiser you would like to edit under “Managed Fundraisers.” This will take you to your Fundraiser Dashboard.
- From your Fundraiser Dashboard, click “Profile” under “Settings” in the far left menu This will open up the Fundraiser Editor.
Edit Basic Information” is where you can edit the name of your fundraiser, the story, and the cover image that will appear on the AdoptTogether site.
“Edit Impact” is where you can edit the fundraising goal, beneficiary agency, and country you’re adopting from.
How Long Can We Keep Our Profile Up?
How To Apply Checks to Your Adoption Fundraiser
The ID is what Pure Charity uses to map and apply donations to your fundraiser. When donors send in checks it is vital that your specific ID is listed on the check’s memo line. To guarantee that all donor information is captured and the donation is applied to the correct fundraiser, donors can also fill out a donation form and send it in with the check.
Checks should be mailed to: AdoptTogether’s Fund at Pure Charity PO Box 1234 Searcy, AR 72145
Check information is also provided on the donation checkout screen.
Don't See Past Donation History?
How do I request a grant?
The form that will appear includes information that AdoptTogether will need to process your grant request. Once the form is submitted, AdoptTogether will review and confirm the details of your request.
Please Note: Net Designated Gifts is the total amount funds raised through the platform, minus the 5% processing fees. If you had an account with AdoptTogether before the new partnership, the conditions below will apply to you:
- Your total that was raised on AdoptTogether before your new profile is also reflected on Pure Charity. Past donor information and donation level details will not be reflected.
- We will be importing historical grant information that will be visible on your Fundraiser Dashboard soon. Until then, if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org